Thursday, November 15, 2007

*Sigh* - Case of the Thursdays...

I'm having one of those "blah" days. The end of the year is steadily approaching and once again I find myself contemplating the purpose of my life, my goals, my frustrations, etc. I have quite a few goals lined up for next year but one thing that remains constant is "the bills must be paid." But what would I do if I didn't have to work everyday? I don't really know. EVERYTHING. I'd love to travel, volunteer, exercise, work with my non-profit, spend time with family/friends... But I hate even thinking about it, because it all comes back to the fact that I have to wake up and go BACK to work the next day. *Sigh*.

Don't get me wrong, I like my job - it's a great opportunity for me to contribute to something bigger than myself. I like my co-workers (some of them) and I like what I'm doing. I just don't want to "HAVE" to work.

Since when did I start feeling all entitled to everything without working? I don't know - I blame Paris Hilton and the media. I can't say I'm all that spoiled, but the fact is, I just want to win the lottery and do whatever the hell I want to do. I need a vacation. A good two-week vacation away from work. When will I ever get this? I can't say I've really had two weeks off all at once since college 3 years ago. This should be illegal. I'm tired of my alarm clock, taxes, time sheets, mortgage payments, traffic, work politics...somebody help me!

Ok, I know I'm making absolutely no sense, but it's because I'm trying to type while sitting here at my desk....sighing...praying that the clock moves a bit faster....praying that I'll win the lottery without even playing....

*Thanks for listening to me vent....I need to watch Office Space tonight....ASAP.

No comments: