Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What YEAR is this Again? 1907 or 2007?


Ok, ok, no time for exchanging greetings or formalities quite yet, lets just get it started... So, after hearing and closely watching the Jena Six case (more on this later), I decided chalk this incident up to the fact that Jena, LA is just a backwards ass redneck town that's clearly stuck in 1907. However, I wake up, come into work to find this article -----> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296429,00.html
in my DAMN inbox yesterday. Y'all already know it was hard to maintain my composure in the midst of my "conservative" co-workers, but I held my cool. But come on. What is going on here?! Let's note that West VA, is only a few extra miles from DC. So it goes without saying that I'm more than a bit concerned.

First, this is clearly a case of attempted murder.

Secondly, please tell me one thing from this sentence that leads you to believe this was NOT a hate crime? --> "The victim was repeatedly called a racial slur while her captors sexually abused, beat and stabbed her", her mother said. "The woman's abductors called her the N-word "every time they stabbed her," Carmen Williams told The Charleston Gazette earlier.

So, when I heard that the "officials" were meeting later to "determine" whether this incident should even be classified as a hate crime (after gathering clear, undeniable evidence for days), I knew this was crazy so I decided to dig. Come to find out, they've decided NOT to pursue hate crime charges at all. However, they note that they will keep the option "open." What the HELL?

Peep this ---> http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1895611/posts I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the senator of West Virginia is a former klansman?

I think it's time we all open this topic wide open. It's time to start calling the kettle BLACK ---> 1907 or 2007 racism is still as prevalent as ever. The question is, what are we prepared to do about it?

Where the hell is BET Nightly News when you need it? Let me know if you hear about this on CNN or any of the other news networks in your area.

Parting quote: "I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him." -Booker T. Washington

No comments: