Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Wait - Holdup - It's December?!

Ok ok, I KNOW it was just Thanksgiving and I HAVE been seeing all of the Christmas decorations and ridiculous over-advertising nonsense all over the t.v., but come on it's December ALREADY? Daaaaaaaang. I remember LOVING Christmas time. I used to count down the days. Now it's just a big commercial ploy made by big business in an effort to increase their profit shares. However, the part that I love - the spending time with family/friends part - is overshadowed by gifts that we really don't need. I mean, watching people spend all of their money to buy into such a commercial holiday seems a bit strange to me now. I mean I love giving and sharing, but I don't think going into debt is the real spirit of Christmas. Does anyone ever mention Jesus anymore when referencing Christmas? Really?

Oh and why are my credit card companies sending me blank checks like EVERYday trying to straight bamboozle me? I may be dumb, but I'm not THAT dumb. *Mental note* - I need a shredder.

But mostly, when December gets here I think of all of the things that I've accomplished, or haven't accomplished (ok mostly haven't accomplished) this year. On the bright side, it also motivates me to document all those things I haven't, and start making plans to put into action for the next year. So that's my plan for this week, to make my goal list for 2008 - not resolutions - goals. Should be fun. What are some of your goals for the new year?

A short list of mine include:
  • Strengthening my relationship with God - finding a church home
  • Living a healthier lifestyle - to include a healthier diet and exercise regimen
  • Working towards my plans of starting a youth non-profit center
  • Make smarter financial decisions - invest more money and budget wisely

1 comment:

charlese said...

ok, I'll play too...

My goals are pretty similar to yours:

* Strengthening my relationship with God - spending more time in His Word. The longer I live the more I know His Word has the answer to EVERYTHING.
* Living a healthier lifestyle. Better food, more movement. You know the drill.
* Make smarter financial decisions. You name it, I could be better at it.
* Spending more time with my family and friends and no, grad school is NO EXCUSE.

...everything else is just an offshoot of that. Lofty goals but I am an overachiever!